Make a Claim
How to Make a Claim
You can submit your travel insurance claim online or by post, fax or email - whichever is more convenient for you. Submitting your claim online will ensure you get the fastest response.
Follow these easy steps to submit your claim:
Submit your claim online
- Complete the relevant sections of the online claims system.
- The system will prompt you to upload scanned receipts and other supporting documentation while you make your claim.
Complete and post in a claim form
- Download and complete the relevant sections of the claim form below.
- Collect any documentation we require - you'll find each section of the claim form provides details on required documentation, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. We require originals, so please make copies of these documents before posting the originals in.
- Post your completed claim form along with any supporting documentation within 60 days to:
Medibank Travel Insurance Team,
c/o Travel Insurance Partners Claims Dept
PO Box 168, North Sydney
If you are having difficulty with the travel insurance claim form, check our Frequently Asked Questions for further information. If you still have any queries, you can also email us or call us on 1300 362 544 with your questions.
How to Check the Status of your Claim
You can email us regarding your claim's progress on Medibankemail@example.com.
As of 01 March 2012 Medibank Travel Insurance policy terms and conditions, including benefits and limits, have changed.
If you purchased your policy before 01 March 2012 please click here for contact details, a copy of the Product Disclosure Statement or information on how to make a claim.
Important Points When Making Your Claim
If you purchased your travel insurance on or after 1 March 2012:
- You must lodge full details of your as soon as possible and claim in writing within 60 days of your return.
- You must give us any information we ask for to support your claim, such as police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership.
- You must report the loss or theft of luggage, personal effects, travel documents or money within 24 hours to the police or responsible transport provider and a written report must be obtained at the time.
- You must contact the 24 hour emergency assistance team as soon as possible if you are admitted to hospital or you anticipate your medical expenses will exceed $4,000AUD.
- Claims are payable in Australian dollars to you.
- We will settle claims in Australian dollars. The rate of currency exchange that will apply is the rate at the time you incurred the expense.
- If you can claim from anyone else, we will only make up the difference. You must claim from them first.
- When a claims incident arises, please also consider Policy Condition 4 on page 33 of the Product Disclosure Statement.
If you have any queries, please read our FAQs.
Alternatively, you may also contact our Claims Department directly by:
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: 1300 362 544
Fax us: +61 2 8362 9367
Medibank Private Limited ABN 47 080 890 259, an Authorised Representative, AR 286089, of Travel Insurance Partners Pty Limited ABN 73 144 049 230, AFSL 360138, issues the insurance on behalf of the insurer Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC, trading as Great Lakes Australia ARBN 127 740 532, ABN 18 964 580 576, AFSL 318603. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration to your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please review your own needs and the Product Disclosure Statement before deciding to buy this insurance or you can contact us on 134 190 or email email@example.com to obtain a copy of the PDS.